Creating an Online Photography Portfolio

Lately I have been busy creating my online photography portfolio. I think my photographs are pretty good and am looking for freelance photography assignments as a way to better my skill and get paid!

I took a good look at available portals out on the web, and have come up with these solutions. These can also help you if you wanna create your photography portfolio too!

Photo Blog

Upside: I personally really like this idea, cause I am already familiar with the blogging interface. Its easy to take some cool theme maybe a black one (like this blog) to put up photos. I chose a wordpress blog, which has a theme called Monotone. Its pretty impressive! This theme is especially good for horizontally wide photos.

Downside: Upper limit (in the basic free version) of 3GB, but if you think about it that is a LOT of space.

Examples:
Mine
Paul Snows

Flickr
Upside: Flickr is great cause it has a huge photo community. So this way you can connect with a lot of fellow photographers within the city.

Downside: Flickr also has a limit of 100MB photos a month and 2 videos. Which is quite ok. Especially for a portfolio you shouldn't need more than this.

Examples
My Flickr
Sudhamshu's flickr (Sudhamshu is my twitter friend)

Behance
Upside: This is a photography, graphic design, illustrations, typography and other arts community. Good to connect with other people here, especially if you are into graphic design or any other arts also.
No upload limits!

Downside: When I did a search through my address book, none of my contacts were here. So it is as of now more abroad centric, not too many Indians there.

Examples
My Behance
Prajeesh's Behance (Prajeesh is my only contact on Behance yet!)
Ijazz's Behance (Ijazz is some stranger, he has lot of buzz on Behance)

Its open only via invitation so if you want an invite, contact me.

Slideshare
Upside: You can make a powerpoint on Slideshare, good way to present to a client! You can even send it via email! Its Quick!

Downside: To make changes, you will have to delete the initial one, then re-upload the new ppt.

Examples
Mine
Desert Photos
Egypt Photos

Get my articles in your email inbox as I publish them, via RSS!

blog comments powered by Disqus