Help Haiti


I have been slow to respond to this Haiti crisis. Frankly, I do not know for what reason maybe the large geographical distance, lack of any contacts in Haiti or because I see too much hyping of small things around me, but for quite some time I did not respond to the Haiti crisis at all. Maybe I am just growing old and cynical.
Anyway I finally came around and posted this blog, also I am following @redcross on twitter, they are putting up constant updates on the situation, that should help me get involved in any way I can.

Here is a link to 6 reliable charities... The simplest way I think is to,

Text "HAITI" to "90999" to donate $10 to the Red Cross (prolly only for US people)

I am a little dazed, it would be so difficult to cope with a disaster of this sort if it happened somewhere closeby. Even if I could help I might not know how etc.. I am thinking of taking up a disaster relief management kind of small course which gives the basic 101 in such situations.

blog comments powered by Disqus