Wave: A comprehensive tool for online communications

Recently I used Google Wave for something kinda useful other than chatting, playing sudoku and hangman. We along with other wavers made a wave for a tweetup! If you see the snapshots below...

First we put a poll for those that are coming for the Kalaghoda Festival and Rs 9/- Gelato tweetup. Then added the Location via Google map...

Then we had some chat conversations about the time, itinerary of the festival etc...

The wave was started by a friend @mehulved, he added me and a few others to it. Then I added lot of my contacts who might come for this tweetup to it. A few others also added people.. so very possible to make things go VIRAL on wave!

Again the setback was that as yet not too many people are on Google Wave, hence we also made a twtvite, which was more popular. This wave was made using very basic apps of maps and poll. As more and more apps get developed I think we should be able to do a lot more interesting stuff with this tool!

Get my articles in your email inbox as I publish them , or in your feed reader all via RSS!

blog comments powered by Disqus